What is an Essential Service?
An essential service defined under the Building Regulations 1994 (the Regulations)
Includes the following safety measures:
- Air conditioning systems; Exit doors; Exit signs; Passage ramps
- Emergency lifts and lighting; Emergency lighting; Emergency power supply
- Emergency warning systems; Early warning systems;
- Fire control centers; Fire curtains and doors; Fire extinguishers
- Fire detectors and alarm system; Fire hydrants
- Fire isolated stairs; Fire rated materials; Fire windows
- Mechanical ventilation; Path of travel to exits
- Smoke alarms; Smoke control systems; Sprinkler systems
Don’t get caught out by having the wrong compliance documentation or, worse still, no documentation on site. Let OHS Solutions take care of your compliance needs today.
The requirements to meet individual state and federal Codes and Australian Standard requirements are becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with. OHS solutions recognises this and is dedicated to keeping abreast of all current requirements. Being a service based business we can provide inspections of your buildings essential services and prepare a compliance report. In addition we have implemented programs to maintain your sites compliance by providing the appropriate documentation required to meet your statutory requirements.
Non-compliance may result in a fine of up to $10,000 for individuals or $50,000 for companies.
More importantly, non-compliance could place not only building occupants lives at risk, but also those of passers-by and the occupants of adjoining buildings. Adequate maintenance is the best means of ensuring that safety systems will operate reliably if an emergency arises.