Instant Urine Drug Testing
Our instant screening services are compliant with AS/NZ 4308:2008 Appdx A and NATA accredited and have a quick turnaround time for results. Instant screening offers a range of benefits including:
- Indicative non-negative or negative results in six class drugs including Amphetamines, Methamphetamines, Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates and Benzodiazepines.
- Integrity and adulteration tests to assist in identifying result tampering.
- Daily quality control testing for the instant devices used and ongoing device and collector participation in an external quality assurance program (RCPA).
- The instant immunoassay device test is simple and effective, with results visually interpreted by our trained staff within minutes.
- Should the result show all drug classes as negative then a final report will be issued indicating this on the day of testing.
As per AS/NZS4308:2008 requirements, should any of the drug classes show an initial non-negative result mandatory confirmatory testing at a NATA accredited laboratory must be carried out, as this provides a legally defensible confirmatory result.
Where this occurs an interim report will be issued stating that further testing is required.
Please Note: OH & Solutions cannot disclose the nature of a non-negative (unconfirmed test result) to the employer until the confirmatory results are released. If the employer requires this information for their interim safety-critical work purposes it is up to the employee to disclose their unconfirmed results to their employer; and the employer to act as per their own drug and alcohol policy.
Instant Urine Drug testing is performed with collection either supervised or witnessed by the collector as per the client’s drug and alcohol policy requirements and is always in accordance with Section 2 of the standard.